Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Prayers, Praise & Celebration

As we struggle with the whys, I look at my own life and spend a little time in reflection.  We will never understand why things happen and who they happen to, but we must trust that our Lord is in control.  As I returned to school on Monday, I was met with 21 little smiles and pure joy on their faces.   We also had a celebration scheduled for that day.  Inside I had to send up little prayers knowing that I needed to love and do everything I could to take care of these 21 little faces before me.   So let us remember to give out a few extra hugs, say a few extra prayers, and always cherish the moments we have before us. 
Marshall Elementary School 2012-2013 Kindergarten Class

Monday was our National Blue Ribbon celebration at school.  We encouraged all of the students to wear blue and the staff wore their new National Blue Ribbon shirts.  Yeah!!  What a celebration we had.  It was so encouraging to see our school come together and celebrate this honoring event.  Our principal presented the award plaque to our superintendent.  Our superintendent then asked the students, teachers, and support staff to do a "big" group hug.  I wish I had an ariel photo of that - super cool!  :0)
 
At the awards presentation in Washington, DC our principal, Mr. Leis, and I had to dance before we were given the award. Today I taught the entire building the dance that we preformed at the ceremony.  The kids had a lot of fun and were super excited when they each got there very own Blue Ribbon medal to take home.
Way to go Marshall, and thank you to everyone for making our school the incredible place it is!

National Blue Ribbon Awards Ceremony video, Washington, DC
YouTube link: http://youtu.be/ekkjcH0UtUo


"Trust in the lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight."


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your Blue Ribbon! I have nominated you for the Leibster Award. Visit my blog to see it's all about. http://kindergartendoodles.blogspot.com/2012/12/leibster-award.html

    Linda

    PS I'm a follower!

    ReplyDelete