Thursday, January 3, 2013

Winter Patterns & Back to School

Back to school I go!  I definitely enjoyed the break, and I got to spend some wonderful time with my family and friends.

I did miss my classroom kiddos, and I think they missed me too!  When they returned, they were excited to see that I had not taken down our Santa door decorations.  I said, "Of course not!  I want to talk about what Santa brought you, so I left him up there for us!"  Here is a picture of my finished door with our Santa decorations.  I though it turned out really cute this year!  Each of the kids colored and designed their own package to put in Santa's bag.


In Math today we reviewed patterns.  This group of kids just loves to paint, so why not have a little fun on our first day back.  We used one of the pattern pages from my Winter Pattern Perfect - Self Guided Pattern Activities pack.   The kids get so excited when I tell them, "Yes, you really do get to pick your own colors!"  



Today we also reviewed ordinal numbers and used a great little activity from Lanier's Lions, Snow Much Fun pack!  The kids loved it!  Thanks

The temperature here is very cold, so I thought it would be a great time for a little reminder......bring a coat, hat and gloves so you don't freeze at recess!  Eeeeek!  :0)  It was a great day, and I can't believe that we are almost to the 100th day of school!  Yeah!

"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art....it has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival."  C.S. Lewis

2 comments:

  1. Faith
    Happy to hear that you had a great start with back to school. I love teaching my kiddos about patterns and I love that you used water colors. How creative!

    The Convenient Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Not only do they love to paint, they love it that I give them the freedom to pick the colors that they want. Their personalities really show in the colors they choose! :)

      Delete