Thursday, May 2, 2013

May Day Fun!

I can not believe it has been 10 days since my last post!  It's been a little crazy with only 12 days of school left! :o)
Today was a lot of fun.  We made May Day baskets.  We used a flower stencil, and 10 flowers later, I think they were finished with their baskets.  Really, I think they just stopped because I said it was time for recess.

We don't have "art" class anymore, so I try to introduce the kids to as many art terms as I can.  Today we used stencils.  We started with a circle.  I had them cut it out of white paper, and then they got to trace it on a color of their choice.  Then we rolled the circle up for our basket and cut a strip for the handle.  Next, I had them cut out the flower stencil.  I laid out several different colors of paper and the precut stems, and.........they were off.
  My instructions were to try and make at least 3 flowers, but........I couldn't stop them!!
"As for man, his days are as grass; as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth." Psalms 103: 15

No comments:

Post a Comment